We really don't have much to blog about so I thought I would update on the fun and exciting things that the kids have been doing. Jackson is finally saying a few words. He has learned da da, which he calls Trey and Trey thinks its hilarious. Ba for Ball. I really think we are getting somewhere with this kid lol :) He also is a junk food eater... yes I know its sad he is only 15 months but he can remember where we stick every treat. Trey and I made cookies the other night and Jackson brings us the bag constantly and throws a fit if you don't give him one. Also we have a treat cupboard (chips, jelly beans, breakfast bars etc. ) Jackson will stand and point up there and when you ignore him he really get those lungs working. That kid he has a rough life of being a 15 month old!
Yesterday Trey had a friend over and then he went to his house for awhile and had lunch and played football. He really enjoyed playing with someone his age. They invited him to come back today to go snowmobiling if the suns out, So this morning at 7:30 Trey was ready to go to Bowens house. He was not satisfied with going later he had to go now! He told us "but I think the sun is coming out."
We had FHE last night and I told a story out of the Friend that was about an Easter egg hunt with two blind kids and the blind kids had a hard time so someone shared with them. Short and Brief but you get the point. So I was trying to explain what blind was to Trey, I had him close his eyes and try to find his football, of course he peaked and found it right away. I thought maybe he still got the point then this morning he said he was going to go on an Easter egg hunt with his eyes closed, but he would be nice to the other kids. And of course he mentions "I'M GOING TO BE THE WINNER!" When he does things like this I can see a lot of Derek in him. Speaking of being like Derek, Treys new thing is everytime we are in the car he wants us to drive faster, even if we are already going 65-70mph. We tell him we are going fast and he says but "those cars are going to catch us, go faster!" Do we need more proof that this is Dereks kid? The never ending entertainment.
As for Derek and I we are staying busy. Derek is trying to make it through this tough semester and already registers for next semester. I've been feeling pretty good, I'm 14weeks, and can't believe how fast those 14 weeks have gone. I've just been busy trying to prepare for our Relief Society Birthday dinner that is tonight, I'm in charge of the program so I hope it goes well.
1 comment:
This just made me laugh! Reminds me of watching Derek and Ryan play video games, its amazing how two grown men can sound like little children when they're playing racing games.
Post a Comment