I wish that I had a picture of our moms to post but I still haven't figured out how to work our scanner. I'm sure most of you know their faces anyway. Regardless of what they look like they are very special people who are dear to our hearts. Of course all mothers are loved my their children but I like to think that I have the best mom and mother in law.
Yesterday I took my mom to enjoy a pedicure. It was fun but I wish we could have done more but I just wasn't feeling up to it. (We are slowly getting better). Today we had my parents and Ashley and Danny over for Strawberry shortcake and we played the wii. My mom even provided the dessert and the entertainment. What a great mom. My mom raised 4 wonderful daughters. She is a great example to me. Of course like every mom she had some tough times and struggles but she always seems to be there for us. Even though we are all gone and out of the house I can still count on her to be there for me when I'm having those tough days. She is very understanding and has a caring heart.
Marla, Derek's mom is also an amazing mom. She raised 8 children, 5 boys and 3 girls. I can't imagine some of the days she had with 8 little ones and Steve on her hands :) But you can see the love in Marla's eyes that she has for each one of us. She once told me that our kids will never love us as much as a parent loves their kids. That is true but I also think its very hard for children to show their love and appreciation to their parents. Derek and I love our parents dearly and wish that we could do something for them that would show our love but since we are poor college students hopefully living our lives by their great example will pull us through this mothers day and they will see that we have learned a little something from them. We admire our mothers and want them to know we think that they are wonderful women who deserve the best!
1 comment:
That's cute, I love how you added Steve in there! I don't know how women can have 8 kids, and do as much as Marla does for them!
Post a Comment