Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A must try WING SAUCE!

Our family loves to eat wings. We got hooked on wings when we found a sauce that we loved from Sportmans. Unfortunately Sportsman's discontinued it so our wing dinners slowed down dramatacly. We've tried a couple of different sauces that we made but none of them were ones we would do again, until Tonight.
We made two different ones because Derek loves spice and could probably eat spicy food every night and the kids and I could do without spice :) Just so I don't have to write this on both recipes we take chicken wings and thaw them in warm water then dip them in flour mixed with a little season all and then deep fry them.

Sweet & Spicy (for the kids and I)
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Honey
2 tsp. hot sauce (we used Louisiana, and I only used 1 tsp due to little kids)
2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
Put it all in a sauce pan and heat tell its warm. Dip our pour over cooked chicken and place in oven. 350 degrees for 5 minutes.

Lil' spice Wing Sauce
1/4 C. Louisiana hot sauce
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp & 2 tsp honey
1/8 pinch garlic salt
1/8 pinch ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
Same directions as above.
Both recipes are for 1lb of chicken.
Our kids loved the sweet and spicy chicken wings, in fact we ran out of food and that NEVER happens in this house. We ended up cutting up chicken breasts and using those because we ran out of wings.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Your family is so cute!! Man I wished I lived closer to you guys!! Sorry I missed ya over the weekend we were out of town. I will try to give you a call soon. Things around here are crazy!!! Anyway I love ya and I think about you and your fam a lot!!

Kate said...

I havnt seen the picture on your header yet! What a cute family picture!
I am going to have to these, I still havnt found a good chicken wing sauce yet :)
Hope you guys are doing good!