Sunday, December 14, 2008

A time to Celebrate

My pictures didn't upload in the order that I wanted but I guess that's okay. We are so proud of Derek and his accomplishment to finish College. For those of you who don't know our story here is the short version. When we got married and we moved from Washington to Idaho Falls for him to finish school, he had attempted school before his mission or should I say played before his mission:) Anyway while going to school he got a job offer with Sportsman's and we moved to Tucson, AZ. Trey was 6 months old and it was a great experience but hated being so far away from family (and Derek hated the heat) we then moved to Lacey, WA for Derek to work at the new Sportsman's there. We enjoyed living there but had school on our minds constantly. Jackson was born there and we realized that Derek needed to finish his education. We moved back to St. Anthony and are living in Derek's Grandmothers house while he finished school. It wasn't easy for Derek (or myself) with three little kids. Before Parker was born I worked part time at Sportsman's while my parents watched the boys. We have been extremely blessed while Derek finished his education. My parents also known as the BABYSITTERS! The boys love them as much as we do or more! Thanks mom and dad for the support through school.
A huge thanks to Marla and Steve for the house that the have let us live in! We can't thank them or show them enough but we love you for everything you have done for our little family.

Our family! We are so proud of Derek and can't wait to see what the future hold for us. These little boys adore Derek and look up to him. I am so happy with Derek's decision to finish school and not only finishing but doing his best at it. He finished with great grades and I love him.
Jackson is very sad in the picture because he fell down the stairs at the school. After he fell I set him down again to get a picture with Derek and he fell again! (what a mean mom!)


The College Graduate.


We went to dinner the night before to Texas Roadhouse to Celebrate. Thanks to everyone who has help or just supported Derek as he finished. We love you Derek and we are so proud of you.
Third times a charm!


11 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

Good job dude, what a relief huh? You should move to Fresno and live here. Its a fun place. -Phil

Kimberly said...

We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to see what's next for you! We love you a ton!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Derek!! Good for you. I had to laugh when it was mentioned about school before the mission because you're right, if he had the types of classes Chad had I would definitely say it was more play. The two of them together I am sure was probably always a big party!!

Laurel and co. said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEREK! I'm so stinkin proud of you, and so happy for what this means for you and your family. Jodi, you've been a sport in supporting him thru this. congrats to all of you.

Prudent Family said...

That is great that your husband made it! I can't wait for the day when I can say the same. Hopefully in a year or two! You look really good too by the way. I just love your hair! Tell your parents I said hi. Seeing you all makes me miss you all so much! Andrea

ksreynolds said...

Awesome!! That is really great, and school is not easy,and even harder when you have a little family but it will be so worth it all.

Diane said...

Congrats to Derek and your family! That's a huge accomplishment. Cute pictures, I love your hair.
:)
I didn't know you moved so much. I bet you are wishing you were back in Tuscon right about now! It's soo cold! Merry Chritmas.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys, what an accomplishment! I hope you stick around the area so we can see you again after we move back that direction. Hopefully he will get employed quickly and you can start enjoying the benefits of his education!

Jamie said...

Yay! Congrats! Its a long road and I couldn't imagine doing with kids, your amazing! BTW I am headed to IF this weekend, give me a call if you available!!

Carly said...

Congrats! What does the future hold for you guys? And when can we get together? Maybe after the holidays? Send me an email: carlypaul@gmail.com

Kirsten said...

What a good feeling it must be to be done with school. Congrats to you both for making it!