Friday, July 18, 2008

3 down... 1 to go!

Wahoo, Derek's last day of his summer semester was today and we are so excited! When he decided to go back to school we thought the worst (of course), its going to take forever, how are we going to do it with 2 kids, almost 3 :) , financial stress and just plain stress...stress... stress BUT we are doing great or should I say Derek is doing great and he only has ONE semester left. I'm sure his next semester will be harder than this one but he has been getting great grades and we are so proud of him.
We have also started the count down for the baby to arrive. I finally decided it was time to get clothes out and wash them and get ready. Trey is getting really excited and helped me hang and fold baby clothes. He just keeps telling me he's going to be my helper, and then demonstrates how he is going to rock the baby. I really do think he will be a big help. Jackson learns new words everyday. He can say just about anything but just doesn't want to. He tries hard to communicate with us but we are yet to understand him. Trey thinks he can interpret everything Jackson says but he usually translates it to what Trey really wants. "mom Jackson said he wants a marshmallow" and last night he came and told me Jackson said, "Please can I sleep in Treys bed with him" We are constantly entertained by the boys and love laying in bed and talking about the funny things they do, and somehow even the naughty things they do make us laugh at the end of the day. Why is that, that they can make us so upset during the day but when you sit back in the evening and think about them all you can do is smile?

4 comments:

Kate said...

aww cute :) I agree with you about the sitting back and realizing how wonderful they are at the end of the day. Don't you just love boys?!?

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Wahoo! I must say I am a little jealous about the time you have left in school, but I am happy for you! Good luck with the end of this pregnancy, I hope everything goes well! Bedtime is definetly one of the only reasons I became a mother! J/K!

Jenks Family said...

good luck with the last little bit of being uncomfortable, good luck with school dereck

Laurel and co. said...

Yay Derek! That is such a great accomplishment! I'm so happy for you guys! And proud of you too!