I had my appointment with the specialist today to check the fluid around the babies heart. They did a detailed ultra sound counting fingers and toes, measuring arms and legs, etc. When they were done we went into the doctors office. He first asked about any retardation that run in the family. My heart started to beat faster, thinking of my sister Robin and my cousins little girl who has downs. Then he asked if I was had been on any medication, surgeries, how many babies I've had, if they have been healthy, etc. Then he proceeded to tell us good new!!!
There is some fluid around the heart that measures 1.9. He said I scan well (giving myself a pat on the back) haha so it is easy to see. He can understand why they sent me over to his office but the fluid is supposed to measure under 2 and the baby is growing and doing well. He could not find any other red flags to make him think there were any problems. Of course he also made note there is no guarantees but we left feeling so much better about our little ones health. She has 10 fingers and 10 toes and is weighing in at 2lbs 2ounces. The also mentioned how long her legs were. Uhm wonder where she gets that from? Derek was concerned she was sucking her thumb and they said "no maybe her arm" WHAT! I think if we were both standing at that point we would have fallen over. (Jackson sucks his thumb, Parker sucks his tongue and Allison sucks her left arm)
We are so thankful for all the fasting and prayers that have been said in our behalf. I told Jackson that we think the babies heart will be okay and he said, yeah its because you have been eating healthy :) I reminded him it was because of the prayers.


1 comment:
So happy things look good. Even in utero you can tell she belongs to you guys.
Post a Comment