Friday, January 2, 2009

Whats going on..

I just thought I would update on whats been going on around here. We had a great Christmas and New Year. Derek is a New Year's baby so we celebrated his birthday yesterday and went out to eat at Ruby River. However he didn't have the greatest birthday because he had to work and I was a bad wife and didn't get him his present yet. (the 1st snuck up to fast) so I took Trey out to the mall and we searched every store for a new white hat (that's what Derek wanted) but had no luck. As we were leaving the mall Trey looks up at me and says, "mom we can't leave we don't have a present for dad yet." Let me also mention that Trey wanted to get Derek a squirt gun for his birthday. Trey was all about the birthday presents. Anyway I told Trey that I had some things in mind but I had to order them online so when they came to the house we would wrap them and give them to Daddy. I thought he understood but when we came home (my parents house) from eating we had cake and Trey said he was going to run upstairs and get dad his presents. (my parents had already given him money) I then felt HORRIBLE and had to hold back tears. He thought there was going to presents upstairs because that's where we had Jackson's. Lesson learned always have at least one present for your kids to give their daddy!
Other than that Derek's been busy at work and on his day off I put him to work helping me rearranged the boys bedrooms. Which looks so much better!

2 comments:

Laurel and co. said...

Oh man, kids are such eye openers for us. Sometimes I wish I could see life thru their eyes again.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Oh, that's too sad! I hate when you spend that much time shopping for that perfect gift and can't find it, oohh, it's so aggravating!