Monday, January 12, 2009

Lesson #2 Learned

In my mind all things are going pretty well...why not let the kids pick out a treat since they have been good at the grocery store. Trey picks a push up sucker and Jackson picks lifesaver gummies, one of his favorites....all good right? until we try to check out and Jackson will NOT give the lady the gummies, I finally convince him that he will get them back so he hands them over and the checker immediately gives them back to him. While I continue to check out my 2 year old has torn open the package and all but 4 fell on the floor. He didn't even mind :) because he still had 4 to eat, until he realized Trey still had a sucker. BREAKDOWN!! We were already in the van or I might have bought him a sucker also but I was not going back in! Lets just say there were lots of tears shed. So lesson #2 make sure your kids pick out the same candy at the store so you don't have to deal with a 1/2 hr meltdown.

3 comments:

Laurel and co. said...

If there is any normalcy in life you let me feel it! I laugh everytime I hear your stories, then I am sooo grateful cause yet again, I'm now convinced that some of my daily grind here is normal. You constantly are amazing me. Good luck with the treat dilema... next time you'll run into a battle if you try to get them the same thing. ha ha

Diane said...

haha little boys are so fun. I don't know what I would do with a girl now, I'm sure you can relate! Reading your blogs is probably a glimpse into my future :)

Anonymous said...

I will have to remember that one!! I haven't been put in that situation yet but when I am I hope I remember your story.