Sunday, June 15, 2008

What we love about Daddy

The boys sat and watched Derek as he was getting ready for church this morning. In fact I think he was shaving but I had to capture the moment because they really look up to him and and love being around their daddy.



I was trying to load some pictures of Derek and the kids but it might have to wait because I can't get it to load the pictures I want and I seem to have very little patience with the computer these days. This is what we got Derek for fathers day. Trey is very excited to play! I thought it would be great for us all to pick up tennis. The racket on the left is one I got from my moms house.. so no they don't sale them like that anymore :)
I thought I would ask Trey some question about his dad and these are his answers.

1. What do you love about daddy?
Because I love to love him.
2. What do you like to do with daddy?
I love to play with my daddy, we plant the flower garden, play ball, daddy tries to get me in the tunnel.
3. What does daddy look like?
Like a Derek :) Really really tall.. about this tall (as he holds his hand up as high as he can reach)
4. What does daddy like to say to you?
He loves to say he loves me. He's proud of me, when I'm good and ......when I eat food good.
5. Do you think daddy's a good daddy?
Yeah!!!!because he leaves the tunnel (hallway) light on when I go to bed.

Trey loves his dad! Any time we leave and come home he looks for Derek's car in the garage and gets upset if it isn't there. He would spend every minute with his dad if he could. I love watching them interact together. Trey learns a lot from Derek and Derek has an amazing amount of patience when mine has ran out.


If Jackson could talk I think he would say something like this about his daddy. I love when my daddy chases me around the tunnel, but I don't like to be pinned down to long. Playing ball is what we do best together and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love to give you loves when I go to bed but don't expect them to last, one quick squeeze, a wave bye bye and a kiss blown your way is all you'll get. I love you dad!!

We love you Derek! Thanks for being such a great example to the boys.

4 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

Kids say the cutest things:) It was so nice to have you guys over last night. Derek is always the life of the party his funny. Everyone had a good time. We will have to get together again sometime:)

Clyde Family said...

Derek you are such a good dad. I am so proud of the way you are with the kids. I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. I would love to hear the cute things the kids would say about Bryan. Great gift, too. I and on a tennis team here in IF and love it. Have fun!!

Laurel and co. said...

ok that is just precious! I don't doubt for a second that they love their daddy. I bet your wonderful with them derek. and it helps to have a good mommy too jodi! Hope you guys are great.