We have had an enjoyable weekend. It's nice to see the sun shinning. We woke up Saturday and decided to do yard work. Derek had bought fertilizer for the yard but we had to pick up all the rocks that had been pushed up onto the front yard from the tractor clearing out the driveway. I was begging for Derek to let me mow the lawn but he stuck to his guns and wouldn't let me because we have a very bumpy lawn. Jackson and I made our way inside and Derek let Trey drive the lawn mower. He loved it! After we finished our yard Trey and Derek went over and helped Ashley and Danny with their garden. Jackson and I went into Rexburg to get some shopping done.
After a long day of enjoying the sunshine we took the kids over to a friends house, got two babysitters and car polled to the adult session of conference. This is a Church meeting for all adults in our stake. However we were an hour early, the word had been floating around that it started at 6:00 but it didn't start till 7:00 so we went to the little Mexican restaurant in St. Anthony and then went over to the meeting. It was just what I needed. They talked a lot on missionary work and loving your spouse. A couple that served their mission on a Reservation spoke and the man said they had been married for 40 years and he never new his wife as much until he served his mission. Of course tears were forming in his eyes and to me that's always special to see a guy cry over his wife. Our stake President said there are 3 things that we should work on to make our marriage better I figured I would share them.
1. Don't fight! Why fight? The only reason to fight is to figure out who the loser is and none of us married a loser. 2. Kneel down and say prayer together and after pray give each other a kiss. 3. Be intimate. I'm so glad we took the time to go. Especially because we didn't survive the conference today. Jackson grabbed my HOT curling iron this morning and burnt his hand. Poor kid was in pain during the conference, not to mention Trey wasn't behaving either. He got put in time out! I was upset so I asked him why he was so loud (normally at church he does really well) he said "mom I just like to talk." Derek and I looked at each other trying not to laugh. Anyway we had a great time last night laughed, learned and had some yummy ice cream. It doesn't get much better. As for today its been a lazy day everybody is down for Sunday naps but the sun is still shinning.
No comments:
Post a Comment