We planned a trip with Trevor and Whitney to Las Vegas. Why Las Vegas some people asked mostly because we got the trip super cheap. Flight, hotel, shuttle and show tickets were $600.00 total and it was a getaway without kids.
We stayed at the Treasure Island so this was my view from our hotel room
Soaking up some sun. When we got to the pool we couldn't find enough lawn chairs for all 4 of us so we squeezed. I had to document to my family that Derek used sunscreen. Every time we went as a family to Mesquite, NV he would wait an hr or 2 before he would but any one but by that time he was already sunburnt.
We had show tickets to see blue man group. She we walked the entire strip to the other end on the way we hit a few different things.
Water show
M&M factory
New York New York Rollercoaster
We ate at the hard rock café before the show. We really enjoyed the show. The entire time we both thought the boys would love this!
On the way back we caught the Mirage show
Trevor found go carts. They had a shuttle bus that would come pick you up for free from the strip and take you. Whitney and I went twice the guys went 3 times.
Flamingo Garden
I really wanted someone on the strip to do our picture but we didn't' want to walk to entire strip to find someone so this is what we ended up with. We got a kick out of Derek. He looks Chinese. While we were doing ours Trevor and Whitney walked further down and found someone else to do theirs. I can't help but laugh every time I look at them. Mystere, Cirque du Soleil was really fun. It was amazing what they could do. We ate at different places that night so Trevor and Whitney go their before us and the asked them if they wanted to sit on the front row. Well, Trevor got called up to help with a few things. That was entertaining for Derek and I.
At one of the places we ate I saw this guy that looks exactly like my dad. I couldn't stop looking at him because from the side few he looks so much like him. I finally had the guts to tell him and take a picture.
He even had a toothpick. The front view he didn't look new as much like my dad.
Our last night we decided to look up another show because we had really enjoyed the others. So we went to the Ultimate Variety Show. It had a bunch of different acts and we laughed a lot.
Inside the Planet Hollywood hotel.
My last night relaxing doing what I want!
Waiting for time to pass for our shuttle. We actually walked over to the Fashion Place Mall and did some shopping.
The guys were watching a game and people would walk behind to watch.
Derek could try out to be a blue man.
Overall we had a good time. Every time we get some time away I think lets plan our next trip! Cruise or Cabo : ) But best of all these kiddos were so excited to see us! They had a great time with Rachel, McKenna and Grandma Price. The girls watched them for their last day of school and then they went to Prices. We brought them back dice suckers. It was really hard to find something to bring back. Everything was poker chips, dice, cards, shot glasses the las vegas stuff. Candy always does the trick to make happy kids.
I also was dealing with some morning sickness while we were there. I had a dr. appointment the following Monday but went in and their was no heart beat. It made the month of June very long and exhausting. I wanted to wait it out and miscarry on my own but that never happened. I ended up taking some pill after 4 weeks of waiting to make it happen. Baby had measured 8 weeks.
1 comment:
We had so much fun with you guys! I laugh every time I see the picture that was drawn of us too! Lots of good memories were made this week!
Post a Comment