Thursday, September 11, 2014

Treys Tonsolectomy

Trey was sick a lot over his 3rd grade school year. 
 Him being the oldest it seemed strange because he was more sick than any of the others.  It was just one thing after another.. not just sore throats but when he came down with a sore throat and fever the 1st part of June I decided to take him in to get him checked for strep.  The dr. brought it to my attention that he had been in 4 times for the same symptoms over the case of a year.  So off to the ENT we went.  The ENT Dr.  Swartz said it was up to us.  He said most likely it would continue but we could give it another year to see if it reoccurred as often but if it was him he would take them out.  I've never heard any body regret doing it so we went for it.  It was exactly how they said it was going to be.. A GOOD 2 week recovery.  He did great and was such a trooper.  
July 28, 2014  
 Derek and I couldn't help but keep laughing over his hair net.  I kept trying to fix it bout it would bounce right back to the front again.  He was really nervous & so was I.   I was grateful he got in first thing in the morning. 
 They gave him medicine called "I don't care"  since it calms them down.  We could tell it was working.  They pulled his side rails up since he was getting so relaxed.   The dr. said they ended up taking out his adenoids as well since they saw how large his tonsils actually were.  He said with children usually what you see is what you get but not with Trey.   We were happy we decided to have the procedure done.
 Once we got home Kamree wouldn't leave him alone.  She is so used to having his attention. 
 He really was tough.  There were a few nights that he woke up crying.   Nights were definite not fun for him.  However there were quite a few that he slept the entire night. 
 This is when it was healing I sent this picture to my sister.  haha   He hated swallowing the scabs.
 I must have looked in his throat a lot because Kamree started showing me hers.  
When we went back for his post op appointment he was only 85 percent healed and had formed a scar band.  (skin connected from one side to the uvula)  They said for us to come back and he would snip it.  Tonight I was telling Trey his appt. is on Wednesday morning and he said he thinks the scar band was gone.  I didn't believe him but sure enough when I looked it wasn't there.  WHAT A BLESSING!  He said that when I picked him up from football one night he felt like something was caught in his throat so he continued to drink water and then he couldn't tell something was different.  It is so strange to me that it would just fall off but I'm so glad I don't have to worry about it.
I'm so happy we were able to get it done before he started school and football. 

No comments: