Friday, August 30, 2013

Back to School

Going back to school is bitter sweet for me.  
Things I love about summer break: 
Doing things with my kids.  Swimming, going to the park, playing games, vacations etc.
No running from here to there and everywhere.  Basketball, baseball, piano, scouts
The weather.  I love that swimsuits are the main attire.
No socks thrown everywhere.  Flip flops are simple.
Its a good bonding time.  They play hard.
No strict schedule or paper signing, keeping track of reading, etc.
Trey is home and he is such a big help!

Things I love about school.
We have a schedule!!!!
Two less people to keep quite during quite time.
Feeling like we accomplish something.... besides just having fun.
I don't have someone knocking on my door all day to see if kids can play.  
Less fighting (but more entertaining on my part for Parker)
They actually LIKE school :)
I'm sure I could think of more reasons why I love school but until then...

 They are best buds.   Jackson was thrilled to go all day so he could play with Trey at all recesses!  Before school, and lunch!!  Top priority :)
 Trey has Mrs. Santo.  A week into school and he  seems to really like 3rd grade!
Jacksons 1st day wasn't the best.  He likes Mrs. Kopf but he said there was a naughty boy in class.  Yesterdays report was much better and he said he LOVES going to school all day.  From my point of view he is very tired and hungry when he get home.  It will take a little to get used to.  He will never admit to being tired just hungry.  But with the attitude, I'm pretty sure it means hes tired.

1/2 of the bike gang that goes from our neighborhood.



 As for Parker he has wanted to ride his bike with the boys to school soooo bad.  (from our house to the school is 1.2 miles, one way)Yesterday I let him and followed with Ali in the stroller and Kamree in the front pack.  It was great until we turned around to go home.  He got tired and thirsty.  He was REALLY thirsty!  So thirsty he yelled at me 1/2 the way home.  We won't be doing that again.  So he rides his bike down to the corner with his back pack on acting like hes going to school with the group and then comes back :)  Preschool will be great for this kid!
I even got a little tired of packing Kamree and stuck her in the stroller with Ali.  You would think with all the kids I have had so close together I would have invested in a double stroller.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have the exact same likes about summer and school. I totally agree with ya! Your boys are so cute. Glad they enjoy school and get along so well.