Monday, March 25, 2013

Carson's Day

I wasn't sure if I would be able to be a part of Carson's special day.  My sister decided to do a service day Saturday and have everybody wear green since he was a St. Patrick's day baby. He would have turned 4.  Friday Parker and I made cake pops and cupcakes and Nicole picked up balloons.  The kids each drew a picture and sent it to Heaven with the balloons.
 I woke up Saturday morning feeling good so we headed out to Connell.  I felt very blessed that I was able to be apart of this day.  I new if I had had the baby and was home by myself I would be very emotional and sad.
After spending the day with Cousins we headed home.  I was really tired but Derek didn't want to go home yet because he new the kids would be restless and tired and it wasn't quite time for bed.  We drove around, stopped at Home Depot, ate at Burger King, walked through Kimberly and Tobys house, drove some more and then I said I had had enough.  I just wanted to be home, I was kind of uncomfortable.   My sister Debbie flew in to Spokane that day and had to return her rental car so she stayed the night at our house.  1:30am I woke up not feeling well.  I tried to talk myself out of going into labor (like that's possible)  I laid in bed until 3:30 am and then decided the contractions had really started.  I just couldn't believe I was having this baby on Carsons birthday.  It's something Nicole and I had talked about but didn't really think it would happen.  I wanted it to be his special day and his day only!  However I think he had a hand in her coming that day and I will always call her my angel baby.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Such a sweet story to tell Kamree and your other kids as they get older. I hope you're recovering well. I can't wait to see her...and you. ;)