Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My baby

A little background of my pregnancy thus far with baby girl.  4 weeks ago I had my usual ultrasound and found out it was a girl.  Yippee!  When we meet with Dr. Turner following the ultrasound he had a few "minor concerns"  They thought my placenta was low, couldn't see a good view of the spine and the ulta sound tech thought she saw fluid around the heart.  From there we had to schedule another follow up ultrasound which I had today.  
Today I found out our baby has Fetal Pericardial Effusion, a pocket of fluid around the heart.  My placenta is fine and baby otherwise looks good.   So as a result I will be having echo cardiogram in a few weeks to find out more.  
 Dr. Smith even pointed out that she has my nose, how wonderful is that?  She even looked as though she was sucking on her thumb but the ultra sound tech told me she thought it might just be smashed against her face.  
The dr. told me not to loose sleep over it.  It often can resolve itself but he wouldn't say it's a common issue.    They will call me within 10 days to schedule my next appt.  Until then we just pray that this little girl is going to resolve the issues on her own.  

3 comments:

Dedra C said...

We will be praying for your little girl too. And her patents. If you find yourself worrying, you may want to have Derrick give you a blessing.

Dedra C said...

Parents, not patents.

Kirsten said...

She's a lucky little girl to be in your family! I'll keep you guys in my prayers.