Monday, November 16, 2009

Ouch!

Welcome back! We have done way to much traveling within the past 2 weeks. It started with the move which took 10 hours by myself with 3 kids. Stayed for 3 days, then headed back to Idaho to get my van and go to my grandmas 90th birthday party. Then drove to Boise, stayed with my sister in law and made it back last night. We were all thrilled that we are done for awhile and were trying to settle in and then this happened....
(this picture is from this morning)
Jackson fell down the stairs at Grandmas house and hit the wood railing. OUCH! We took him to the emergency room because it was a nasty cut. The doctor stiched it and then took it out because it wasn't very good and re-stitched it. When we got home he calmed down and I took a look at it and it doesn't even look like they stitched it! GRRRR
There is nothing harder than listening to your little boy scream for you to help when he's in pain besides hold him down while they work on him. He's a trooper.

7 comments:

Caspers, but not the Ghost said...

sad!! good luck getting settled in! :)

Unknown said...

That is the worst! I would be mad if it wasn't stitched! Reese got her finger cut by a tape measure end that metal part that you first pull out and it sliced it good and was gushing but I decided not to take her and it healed fine...Lips are different...He needs good kissing lips! Where are you guys living??

*~McGarys~* said...

I hate thouse moments. It makes me almost sick to my stomach. I get so worried these days. He has had stiches before Noah. lol

Brooke Bailey said...

Sorry Jackson! Good thing you're tough. Glad you've been safe in all your travels. Drove past your old house the other day and thought how much we miss you and your fam. Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Oh man sounds like you have had fun lately!! That totally sucks about the lip. I am actually surprised they tried to stitch at all. Hopefully it heals up well. Poor little guy though! I hate when things happen to your kids.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Wow, I can't believe all of the driving! I'm sorry about poor little Jackson's lip! I hope it all heals fine. Hope you get settled in quickly before the holidays.

Genessa said...

So are you guys all settled now? I remember the first time Bridger got hurt I almost threw up!

I got the Nikon d5000. I could not decide between the Canon and the Nikon and so I went into the camera store here in town and they told me that the Nikon is more user friendly. You can also shoot the Nikon like a canon but you can't shoot the Canon like a Nikon. If you are going to get a dslr camera I would recommend taking a class to learn how to use it. If you do not want video mode on your camera then you could get the d3000. It is also 200.00 cheaper. I love my camera it was so worth the money.